Monday, October 22, 2012

Evidence #12: V.Max (Vol.1 Issue 5, 1992)

Ok, this was a lot quicker than I thought it would be.



Sorry for the delay, but I got another type of anime publication to show you guys. This time, we got a piece of anime gold from the tender year of 1992 (about the best timeline I can figure this out since they do talk about about AnimeExpo '92 in this issue) is a publication called V.Max. There isn't much info online for this magazine, and the Wikipedia page only has just an issue's list, same with this R Talsorian Games site. But whatev's, this was another random impulse buy when I got this a few years ago.

Coming from the same comic book store I got my BGC Animerica issues, they had this issue there also. The only reason I picked this up was for my personal love of the anime on the cover, Sol Bianca. I know BGC is my personal favorite anime/OVA series, but Sol Bianca was my first OVA love, and still to this day my favorite one shot OVA (its not a one shot, but I  like to think it is, since I don't have that kind of feeling for Sol Bianca 2 and the Legacy OVA's).

Well, lets dive into this shall we:










Here we got the review articles on the anime's "Dark Angel" and "Demon Warrior Luna Varga," which are two titles that I am not very familiar with. And of course a "Help Wanted" add if you wanted to write for the magazine...which is a tad to late I'm afraid. Moving on...








Aww yeah, the Sol Bianca segment. Well if you need a calender girl, V.MAX was able to help you out. This is pretty much a review of the 2 OVA's, but it is worth a read.





Man, cons back then were a happening place to be at. I would have never put in my mind seeing Tomino, Terasawa and Mikimoto jamming out to some awesome karaoke at the cons. That is something that I don't think you would see con guest do, unless your Vic Mignogna singing Journey at BanzaiCon (he wasn't the only person to use that piano that day. I wasn't there to witness this act in person, thank god).













And I am going to end this with good ol' fashion marketing. You get the "expensively cheap" prices from Laser Perceptions ranging from Laserdisc to Compact Disk. $126 for that Crystal Triangle Laserdisc, my god, that is the steal of the century!! And how bout that US Renditions, becoming a member gets you 5 bucks knocked off the MSRP price. If I hadn't known better, i'd figure getting Dangaio for 30 bucks was a heck of a steal. But, I wound up getting it used at a flea market a while ago for a measly $1.95, I guess I can settle for that.

So, that is one of my issues of V.Max. I will try to post consistently instead of 2 or 3 month gaps. But, this gets me in the right direction. I'll try and do something special for Christmas for you readers. Well, Happy Halloween everyone, see you next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment